Step One: Know your body type.
If you want to know how to get shredded, you have to know the basics.
As with all building processes, first you have to know the lay of the land. You can’t build a house without some survey else you risk your building collapsing on itself.
Everybody is different, but body types can be classified into 3 groups:
If you are an endomorph, you tend to be short of stature with a soft, rounded physique.
Endomorphs are characterised by having:
- A large percentage of body fat in body areas such as stomach, hips, and thighs.
- A naturally slow metabolism which makes it more difficult to lose weight.
- A stocky body with wider hips
- Shorter limbs
- Thicker ribs
One of the greatest challenges endomorphs face is losing weight due to their naturally slow metabolism.
The good news however is that with the right diet, exercise, dedication and supplements, it’s possible to not only lose weight, but build muscle and attain a dream physique.
Best Workouts for Endomorphs
Aerobic exercises are a must-do for endomorphs.
Aerobic exercises, increases metabolism by increasing heart rate, burns calories, and creates a caloric deficit.
High intensity interval training (HIIT):
Very high intensity exercise and low intensity exercise or rest can help you lose weight as an endomorph.
HIIT increases athletic ability as well as improves glucose breakdown/metabolism.
If you’re an endomorph, try doing HIIT sessions two or three times per week for a maximum of 30 minutes per session.
HIIT Exercises You Can Try:
- Treadmill exercises
- Stationary bike
- Squat jumps
Other Exercises You Can Try:
Lucky for you, we’ve already covered a very detailed description of the different deadlift forms, as well as how to perform them.
Steady state training (SST): These are longer sessions of consistent moderate to low intensity exercise. Good SST exercises include walking.
Tips for losing weight as an endomorph
- Try fasting: Fasting can augment your slower metabolism and help you lose weight faster. All you need to do is find the right fasting plan you need.
We’ve already covered this in a previous blog post. Discover your suitable fasting plan here.
- Use supplements: Contrary to what a lot of people may think, when coupled with exercise and proper diet, weight loss supplements can go a long way to help you lose weight and even get shredded.
Our top picks of supplements you should be using as an endomorph are:
- NSP’s Probiotic 40: Endomorphs usually have longer digestive tracts due to their size, so digestion and metabolism can be a lot slower.
The good news is that you can speed up your digestive process and stop issues like flatulence with NSP’ Probiotic 40.
- Thermo Shred; another supplement that augments your naturally slower metabolism as an endomorph by turning up the heat and turning your metabolism into a roaring flame.
- Monitor your progress: It’s easy to lose faith when trying to lose weight as an endomorph.
- Progress might be slow, and at a point you’d struggle to make any headway at all.
- To avoid this, take accurate measurements of your body parts like your arms, belly, thighs, etc before and after an extended period of time.
- Remember, every inch lost is a sign of progress.
- So don’t instead of losing hope, celebrate your wins instead!
Mesomorphs are the middle ground of body types.
Falling into this category is one of the instances of hitting the generic lottery.
Mesomorphs find it very easy to lose and gain weight as well as muscle, and a lot of athletes fall into this category due to their natural athleticism.
Mesomorphs are characterised by having:
- A rectangular frame with an upright posture
- Narrow waists with strong arms
- Greater than average capacity for muscle development
- Good fat distribution.
Workout Regimen For Mesomorphs.
As a mesomorph doing both cardio and weight-lifting exercises will help you go a long way in getting killer workouts that’ll get you shredded in no time.
Mesomorphs’ muscles adapt easily, so weightlifting exercises will help grow and sculpt your body.
On the other hand, cardio increases stamina and endurance and are great ways of improving your overall weightlifting abilities in the gym.
For weightlifting, adopt a schedule of moderate repetitions with moderate to heavy weights.
Try sets of eight to 12 repetitions at a weight to failure in three weight training sessions per week for chest and arms, back and shoulders, legs respectively.
Weightlifting Exercises to try as a Mesomorph
- Pull ups
- Push ups
- Hammer curls
- Lateral raises
- Shoulder raises
Tips for how to get shredded as a Mesomorph:
- Use protein powders: As a mesomorph, you’ll find it easier to build muscle.
- But if you want to take it up a notch and make the process even easier, grab NSP’s classic Milk & Egg 92% protein mix.
- This protein formula is a customer favourite and designed by Vince Gironda himself. He promoted it to his students when they prepared for bodybulding competitions.
This protein formula is a customer favourite which was endorsed by Vince Gironda himself and is the perfect choice for putting on muscle mass.
Order yours here
Ectomorphs are the final body type and on the other end of the spectrum from endomorphs.
Endomorphs are characterized by having:
- A faster metabolism
- A smaller, skinnier frame
- Little muscle or fat mass
Workout Regimen For Ectomorphs
Ectomorphs can use the mesomorph workouts to achieve similar results.
Tips For Getting Shredded As An Ectomorph.
Use supplements: Unfortunately due to a high metabolism, everything ectomorphs eat seems to go right through them, making muscle building feel like a long uphill struggle.
Stop this by eating more essential proteins to help build muscle.
Unfortunately due to your high metabolism, everything you eat seems to go right through you.
You can stop this by adding some essential, usable proteins into your diet to help you bulk up and build muscle.
Supplement Recommendations For Bulking Up
- Beef Liver: Desiccated grass-fed beef liver from Argentinain bred cattle ( the best in the world)
- Beef liver is regarded as a ‘super-food’ for bodybuilding and weight gain. It’s the perfect match for an ectomorph’s super metabolism.
Step Two: Plan your Workout Regimen According to your Body Type.
Remember, different exercises work differently for different body types.
To get the best results, stick to exercises better suited to your body type and plan a workable regimen around it.
For example, mesomorphs usually have broad, well defined chests and shoulders, so those aren’t weak points.
As an endomorph, focusing on high intensity exercises are important as they help you gear into lipid oxidation which can help you burn stubborn fat in areas such as your gut, and love handles.
Step Three: Get Enough Rest.
Good rest is the total relaxation and calm of both body and mind.
To get the best out of your workouts, it is very important that you get enough rest periods in between your workouts.
Truth be told, in the modern, fast world we live in today, this is easier said than done.
Nonetheless, for you to lose weight and even gain muscle, you need ample rest.
When your brain is relaxed, it releases growth hormones that help you lose weight but this can’t happen if you’re not getting enough rest.
So make sure you squeeze in enough time for a proper, hormone releasing snooze.
To get the best out of your rest periods and keep your brain relaxed and calm, use NSP’s Relaxify calming formula.
Made from only 100% natural ingredients that are scientifically proven to help you relax like:
- Lemon balm &
Truth is, there’s no easy way to success.
Good things take dedication, and more importantly, effort and the right habits to achieve, but with this three-step guide, you can finally take the first and most important steps to getting a better, shredded physique.